A presentation by James Buchan of Queen Mary's University, made to the CfWI International Seminar.
Global perspective Professor James Buchan, professional adviser to the CfWI, made a presentation at the CfWI International Seminar that took place on July 6 2010. Comparing data from several different countries Professor Buchan’s presentation looked at several key health workforce issues:
- How do we plan how many health workers to educate and employ?
- How can we improve recruitment, retention and return?
- Which incentives are effective in motivating staff?
- How can we determine and deploy the most effective skill mix of staff?
- How do we improve productivity?
Professor James Buchan is based in the School of Health Sciences at Queen Mary University. He is also an associate fellow at the Kings Fund, London; an Associate at the WHO European Observatory on Health Systems, and a visiting professor at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
If you wish to view his presentation follow the link below: