The Institute of Public Care’s (IPC) purpose is to support well-led, evidence based public care. Part of Oxford Brookes University and based in offices in Oxford and Bath, its team of 40 staff and Fellows works across England, Scotland and Wales with the public, private and voluntary sectors. Established in 1987, IPC provides an integrated combination of applied research, evaluation, consultancy, skills training and system design. IPC's unique offer incorporates:
- the evidence-based rigour of a university
- hands-on experience from work in public care management and practice
- wide ranging knowledge from national, regional and local projects across the UK
- good value for money and cost-effective solutions to complex problems
- a responsive and flexible approach to meeting our clients needs.
The IPC has worked in partnership with the CfWI on a wide range of projects, including:
- our care pathways project
- reviews and analysis to support the implementation of the social care white paper (view our social care pages)
- promoting integrated health and social care approaches to workforce planning, intelligence and development
- the development of workforce briefings for local education and training boards.