The vision and objectives of the CfWI information architecture project are explained below.
The project provides the foundation for designing a simpler, more effective workforce planning and development system.
The objectives are:
- to provide a clear picture of the information architecture as it is now and how it could be in the future
- to identify improvements that will strengthen workforce planning and development, and
- to gain broad partner support for the best improvement option.
A clear picture in this context means that the information architecture should be:
- revealing, useful, relevant and inviting
- establishing ownership, responsibilities, processes and links
- highlighting gaps to fill, links to make, desirable simplifications and expansions.
The objective of identifying improvements to strengthen workforce planning and development include:
- making it easier to access, reducing the burden of data collection, increasing data quality, and board-level engagement
- making more effective use of data, strengthening links to the strategic agenda, stimulating better practice, and understanding gaps across the whole system.
Partner-supported changes mean:
- being Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP)-aligned
- operating in the most practical, affordable, cost-saving, waste-reducing and productive way.