East Riding of Yorkshire Council: Workforce Development Strategy 2005
The East Riding Council is committed to developing its workforce via a number of national and local drivers. There are six themes relating to workforce and organisational development which the Council recognises as crucial to delivering services:
- the availability of accurate workforce and demographic information
- how the Council develops its workforce using a range of approaches
- improving perceptions of the Council as an employer
- developing approaches to encourage a diverse range of people to work for the Council
- the provision of active support to ‘service critical’ areas
- developing and supporting joint approaches to workforce development.