How can band 1-4 staff be utilised to improve workforce productivity and meet demand?
In this briefing we discuss band 1-4 workers and how they can be used to improve productivity. We look at existing trends in the workforce and consider changing skill mix in terms of costs, structure and staffing levels. We then discuss skill mix using the example of assistant practitioners and highlight an international example
The other workforce briefing questions we have sought to address are:
- How can we recruit and retain sufficient domiciliary care workers to meet future demand?
- How can the workforce be used to address the challenges facing emergency
- What role will informal carers have in meeting future demand?
- What does 24/7 working mean for the workforce?
- How can we promote diffusion and adoption of technology and innovation across the workforce?
- What leaders will we need to address the big picture challenges?
- How do we achieve effective safeguarding across health and social care?
- How could the community workforce alleviate some of the pressure on general practitioners and improve joint working across primary and community care?
- What does a flexible workforce look like?