How could the community workforce alleviate some of the pressure on general practitioners and improve joint working across primary and community care?
Given that some GPs will take on commissioning responsibilities, their time is going to be even more stretched in the future. Meeting increased demand through GPs alone may not be possible. This briefing explores how the wider community workforce could be used to alleviate some of this pressure
The other workforce briefing questions we have sought to address are:
- How can we recruit and retain sufficient domiciliary care workers to meet future demand?
- How can the workforce be used to address the challenges facing emergency
- What role will informal carers have in meeting future demand?
- How can band 1-4 staff be utilised to improve workforce productivity and meet demand?
- What does 24/7 working mean for the workforce?
- How can we promote diffusion and adoption of technology and innovation across the workforce?
- What leaders will we need to address the big picture challenges?
- How do we achieve effective safeguarding across health and social care?
- What does a flexible workforce look like?