Integrated care: promoting better workforce decisions
The Government is committed to making coordinated health and care a reality and this integration agenda has significant implications for planning the workforce.
Working with one of its delivery partners, the Institute of Public Care (IPC), the CfWI undertook a project which focussed on the workforce implications of delivering integrated health and adult social care services including:
- primary, community and social care services for adults
- health and social care service providers from a range of settings
- integrated strategic management and operations
- forms of integration, including structure, information, systems, care pathways, technologies, working practices and jobs
- a range of levels of integration from coordinated services to full structural integration.