How can we recruit and retain sufficient domiciliary care workers to meet future demand?
This briefing explores domiciliary care today, looks at projections for expanding community care, the difficulties around recruitment and retention of this workforce, and domiciliary care in the private sector
The other workforce briefing questions we have sought to address are:
- How can the workforce be used to address the challenges facing emergency
- What role will informal carers have in meeting future demand?
- How can band 1-4 staff be utilised to improve workforce productivity and meet demand?
- What does 24/7 working mean for the workforce?
- How can we promote diffusion and adoption of technology and innovation across the workforce?
- What leaders will we need to address the big picture challenges?
- How do we achieve effective safeguarding across health and social care?
- How could the community workforce alleviate some of the pressure on general practitioners and improve joint working across primary and community care?
- What does a flexible workforce look like?