Think integration, think workforce: three steps to workforce integration
Integration offers important potential benefits including:
- better outcomes for people who use services
- more efficient use of existing resources
- improved access to health, social care and support services.
The paper identified three steps for workforce leaders to promote integration from a workforce perspective:
- Be clear about the local integration agenda, including the various routes to integration
- Address the integrated workforce management challenge to ensure the right people with the right skills and behaviour are in place to deliver integrated services around individuals’ needs.
- Implement successful workforce change by addressing a range of operational and strategic questions by taking an inclusive approach.