Dr Glen Mason, Director for People, Communities and Local Government, Department of Health presents at the CfWI’s third Annual Conference: National intelligence – local leadership, securing the future workforce supply.
The conference is held over two days:
- One Great George Street, London on Monday 15 October 2012
- The Queens Hotel, Leeds on Thursday 18 October 2012.
The presentation from Dr Glen Mason White paper and its implications for social care workforce is available to download below.
The presentation looks at the following areas:
- the reform timeframe
- care and support affects everyone
- what people have told us during the Caring for our future engagement
- the care and support white paper – our vision
- shifting the focus – from crisis to wellbeing
- choice, control and quality
- key policy announcements
- the draft Care and Support Bill
- the Progress Report on funding reform
- implications for workforce
- main workforce themes in white paper
- effective leadership
- increase in capacity
- improved capability
- social work reform
- timescales for change.